Did you know that CalGAP’s main funding comes from doing Petsmart Meet & Greet shows? Petsmart shows have become the backbone to CalGAP’s schedule, and it’s very important to have volunteers consistently hold Meet & Greets at a various local Petsmarts.
Volunteer to be a Show Lead! You’re only committed to 5 or 6 weekend days (either Saturday or Sunday) a year, and each show only takes about 5 hours of your time on Meet & Greet days. Show Leads are responsible for the general operation of a show, which includes:
- setting up x-pens
- setting up the literature table (literature provided by CalGAP)
- bringing blankets and water bowls for volunteer greys
- bringing greyhounds for guests to pet
- staying on site for the duration of the show
Show Leads always have other CalGAP volunteers to help work a show. And all promotional materials, such as flyers, business cards, and donation boxes, are provided to you by CalGAP. Local volunteers are always willing to lend out x-pens, tables, or pop-up canopies, if necessary.
Orange County Petsmart Meet & Greets Needing Leads:
- Aliso Viejo
- San Juan Capistrano
And a big THANK YOU goes out to our current Show Leads:
- Tustin (The Marketplace) – Doris Lewinson & Roxane Kobalka
- Lake Forest (on El Toro) – Linda Leitinger & Linda Bellacicco
- Tustin (The District) – Ken Isaak & Sandra Terifaj
- Rancho Santa Margarita (Karen Treydte)
- Santa Ana (Antony Rodino)
Email CalGAP for more information or to volunteer.
Thank you for the support you give to our sweet ex-racing greyhounds.